Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Daily Inspiration August 18, 2010

By Terry Minion

"The entrepreneur in us sees opportunities everywhere we look, but many people see only problems everywhere they look.  The entrepreneur in us is more concerned with discriminating between opportunities than he or she is with failing to see the opportunities."

-- Michael Gerber


"I was just pursuing what I enjoyed doing.  I mean, I was pursuing my passion."

-- Pierre Omidyar

I love these two quotes together. Michael Gerber, one of the world's foremost business entrepreneur leaders and Pierre Omidyar, founder of eBay.

Like Pierre says. . . I was just hangin' out and doing what I love to do. . . discriminate between all the opportunities I see around me. Yes. Indeed, there are opportunities everywhere when you believe that and of course there are none when you believe that, so everyone gets what they believe.

It reminds me of that crazy patent guy who before the year 1900 said that every invention has been invented. . . Oops! I'm sorry, you picked the wrong number. . . your opportunities are over and someone else got them . . . or NOT!

Truth is, as I see it, of course, is that opportunities are a constant--having my eyes, and ears, and mind open is not. Although, I have to admit that in my later years, where many are saying it's just about over, I feel more optimistic than I have ever felt in my life and the opportunities I didn't see in other times, are now so numerous that it just amazes me. I totally get Michael Gerber's statement as well as Pierre Omidyar's.

Here's to your opportunities being visible and doing what you love while you take full advantage of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment